Calling all Players & Captains: Register your team for the 2019 CUSW Hockey Tournament
Another year has gone by and it is time to register for the CUSW Hockey Tournament. See below for important tournament information, and and stay tuned for updates over the next weeks and months.
Friday, May 10th and Saturday, May 11th, 2019
William P. Wilder Arena & Sports Complex
200 Lonsdale Rd Toronto.
Cost and Team Info
$300 per team. First 8 teams to register and pay by Friday, April 5th, 2019 will be in.
Contact one of the committee members below to register your team.
Payment must be at the CUSW office by April 5th, 2019. Drop-off, or mail to:
10 Carlson Court
Best Western Roehampton Hotel & Suites
808 Mount Pleasant Road
Tel: (416) 487-5101
Room rate: $160
Arrival: May 10th
Departure: May 11th
Check-in: 3:00pm – Checkout: 11:00am
Download Info Sheet >
- Round Robin within division then crosses over to play other division in finals
- Finals are as follows highest points within division play for A final, second highest points B final, 3 third highest points C final.
- Points are as follows-Wins are 3 points, ties 1 point.
- When a tiebreaker is required when deciding division ranking for finals it will be dealt with as follows; Tie breakers are face to face play, goals for, goals against, coin flip.
- 3 – 15 minute straight time periods. Last 3 min stop time unless 5 goal spread.
- Total points will seed three Championships. Six teams make championship round.
- This tournament is only open to members of CUSW and members who are on CUSW withdrawal cards. Should a player not fall into one of the mentioned stipulations it must be reviewed and approved by tournament committee. Failure to do so may result in forfeiting the games played by the team with non member player.
- Goalies are the exception if no CUSW goalie is available
- The tournament committee consists of the Team Captains, Coordinator.
- Each team is responsible for team sweaters.
- Cost – $300 per team – this by no means pays for the costs of the tournament but secures your team a spot and offsets costs. Costs include; ice time (3 round robin games minimum), referees, timekeeper, tournament keepsake, food and 3 championship games.
- First and foremost this is a friendly tournament
- CARHA rules apply.
- However in all cases Referees decisions are final.
- Tournament committee can place CUSW members without a team on any tournament team to fill up shortfall to maximum of 15 players, 1 goalie.
- No Hitting – penalty
- No fighting – any player assessed a fighting major will be ejected from the tournament.
- No slap shots or high sticking the puck – penalty
- Minimum number of players – 11 players including goalie – 15 max as that is number of prizes per team.
- First 8 teams paid by April 28th, 2017 will make up the tournament.
We invite all members to come out and cheer for their respective teams. We emphasize that this is a fun tournament and everyone has to go to work on Monday. Please do not drink and drive.