Generation 7 - CUSW Member
Electrician - GDR Unit
Electrician - South West Unit
Electrician - Northern Unit
Electrician - Central Unit
Electrician - GDR Unit
Geoff Denstedt - NEB Liaison
Training Trust Fund
Through the Training Trust Fund all Members have the opportunity to enhance their career skills and long term employablity by completing training on a wide variety of topics. ANY training that will enhance your career path is covered by the Training Trust Fund.
What kinds of courses are covered by the CUSW Training Trust Fund?
Just about everything! In addition to completing courses of a technical nature, we encourage you to upgrade your interpersonal skills. Consider taking courses that will provide you with transferable skills that will be useful to the Knowledge Worker of the future. The 20/20 worker will not be able to depend on technical skills alone!
How does the Training Trust Fund work?
The Training Trust Fund was designed to provide each Member with an answer to his/her "needs". Rather than having to depend on only your employer for your training needs, you can decide what types of develop YOU need as part of your own career development. Determine your need and take an appropriate course to suit your needs. Once you have completed the course of your choice, then complete and submit this form for reimbursement. You can be reimbursed for 75% of your course fee, up to $500 and there is no limit to how many times you can take advantage of the Training Trust Fund.
Here are some topics you may want to consider:
- Workplace Representation
- Organizing techniques
- Negotiation stratagies
- Labour economics-bargaining
- Problem Solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Union Democracy
- History and purpose of unions
- Why people join unions
- Unit Executive/Union Executive
- Role of committees
- Political Action
- Why should unions be involved
- Labour relations act
- Employment Standards
- Human rights
- Employment equity
- Roles of unions in social development-education,health care ect.
- Union contribution to distribution of wealth
- Community based social action
- Political Parties and Process
- Certification-what is the standard
- Upgrading current skills
- Adding new skills
- Developing new trades
- Multi-skilling/blended skills
- Work ready training-whimis,electrical awarness,trade related skills ect.