Kris Croteau has been elected as National Board Member
I have been involved in CUSW since 1999 and have been an active member in many capacities. I am a strong supporter of our union’s values and beliefs as well as our Constitution. And I am a firm believer that through growth and education we will continue to improve the living standards for our friends, families and fellow Canadians.
- Proud Member of CUSW since September 1999
- Completed and led Workplace Steward and Health and Safety Training
- Completed Unit Executive Board training
Union Positions Held
- 2014 to 2017 active member of the National Executive Board
- 2011 to 2014 Chief Steward for DNGS (Darlington Nuclear Generation Station)
- 2008 to 2011 Assistant Chief Steward at DNGS
- 2005 to 2008 Member of the East End Unit (Greater Durham) Executive Board
- Past member of the National Negotiating Committee
- Past member of the Growth and Opportunities Committee
- Past member of the National Social Committee
- Currently the NEB Liaison to the National Social Committee
- Past East End Unit (GDR) Executive Board Member
- Recruiting of new members for Greater Durham Region (GDR) Unit
- Have participated in Workplace Steward, Health and Safety and Executive Board training with fellow unit members
- Have attended various functions as a representative of the East End/GDR Unit and CUSW including political functions, Green Energy Doors Open, social gatherings, information sessions and Canadian Nuclear Conferences.
Other Associated Union Experience
- Proud organizer (along with others) of national social events such as the CUSW Fishing Derby.
- Participated in the negotiating of various Collective Agreements including OPG and New Horizons.
- Travelled out of province to represent CUSW
- Travelled out of province to assist with the training of new Workplace Stewards, Health & Safety Reps and Unit Executive members