CRAIG BATTY - Running for Treasurer
(a) Union Experience
• Member of CUSW since 2001
• Completed the following CUSW training:
• CUSW Benefit Trust Trustee training
• CUSW activist training
• Take to Lead
• Contract Negotiating
• Steward and Health and Safety Rep training
(b) Union Positions Held
• National Executive Board Member CUSW (treasurer) 2017 -2020
• National Executive Board Member CUSW (recorder) 2014 – 2016.
• CUSW Field Representative in 2011
• Convention Delegate in 2015 and 2018
(c) Committee Participation
• Lead Apprentice Orientation Sessions
• Member of the National Value and Beliefs Committee
• Liaison for Membership, Family Benefit and Audit Committees
(d) Unit Participation
• Recruitment activities for Greater Durham Region and Central Units of trades people and apprentices
• IOPAA rep from 2011-2013
• Unit Steward for Ottawa Unit 2011 -2013
(e) Other associated Union Experience
• Family Member Assistance Plan coordinator
• Assist with Ashton Tuck Memorial Funds
• Participated in 2 rounds of Hydro One bargaining once as a full bargaining member and once as an adviser.
• Participated in several new employer contract negotiations
• 309a since 1987
• Believe and promote all aspects of the CUSW way of life.
• Involved with recruiting of trades people and apprentices.