Craig Batty has been elected as Treasurer
(a) Union Experience
- Member of CUSW since 2001
- Completed the following CUSW training:
- CUSW Benefit Trust Trustee training
- CUSW activist training
- Take to Lead
- Contract Negotiating
- Steward and Health and Safety Rep training
(b) Union Positions Held
- National Executive Board Member CUSW (recorder) 2014 – 2016.
- CUSW Field Representative in 2011
- Convention Delegate in 2015
(c) Committee Participation
- Lead Apprentice Orientation Sessions
- Member of the National Values and Beliefs Committee
(d) Unit Participation
- Recruitment activities for Greater Durham Region and Central Units
- IOPAA rep from 2011-2013
- Union Steward For Ottawa Unit 2011 -2013
(e) Other associated Union Experience
- Participated in 2 rounds of Hydro One bargaining once as a full bargaining member and once as an adviser.
- Participated in several new employer contract negotiations
- 309a since 1987
- Managed personal and budgets for 55 workers
- Believe and promote all aspects of the CUSW way of life.
- Involved with recruiting of trades people and apprentices.
- Attended Powering Prosperity Awards Dinners on behalf of CUSW
- Good knowledge of accounting practises
- Good skills with Quick Books Account software and Simply Accounting software
- Business Administration Diploma from Conestoga College
- 5 CMA accounting courses completed